Murugappa Group appoints M.M. Murugappan as executive chairman
New Delhi: Diversified conglomerate Murugappa Group on Monday said it has appointed M.M. Murugappan as the executive chairman.
Murugappan, who was the vice-chairman, succeeds A Vellayan, who served as executive chairman from November 2009, the company said in a statement.
Murugappan is on the board of several companies outside the Murugappa Group including Mahindra & Mahindra and Cyient Ltd as also on the board of governors of IIT-Madras, for six years till November.
Since November 2009, Murugappan served as the Group’s vice-chairman, spearheading technology, innovation and environment, health and safety (EHS) initiatives, the statement said.
In April 2006, Murugappan was appointed chairman of Tube Investments of India (TII). On the other hand, A Vellayan steered the Group’s growth through organic and inorganic initiatives, recording nearly 100% increase in revenue from Rs15,907 crore in 2008 -09 to Rs30,023 crore in 2016-17.
- Emerging fault lines in data protection
- Downside protection for market will come from better earnings: Mahesh Patil
- How Union Budget 2018 impacts individual taxpayers
- UDP is going to cross halfway mark in Meghalaya elections on its own: Paul Lyngdoh
- Congress seen setting agenda for Karnataka elections 2018