1. This beverage gets its name from the two substances shown below. This is because these were its original ingredients. Which drink?
Coca-Cola. The original ingredients were coca leaf and kola nut.
2. Which beverage gets its name from a digestive enzyme, because it was originally formulated to aid digestion?
Pepsi gets its name from a digestive enzyme pepsin.
3. According to one story, this beverage got its name because six names had been unsuccessfully considered for it previously. According to another, its name comes from the fact that the founder had failed six times in business before this enterprise. Which beverage?
7UP got its name because six names had been unsuccessfully considered for it previously.
4. He began his career as managing director, The News, and shot to prominence when he launched The Australian, Australia’s first national daily newspaper. He now owns numerous media corporations such as 20th Century Fox and Fox Sports. Who?
Rupert Murdoch owns numerous media corporations such as 20th Century Fox and Fox Sports.
5. He was the owner of the Australian Channel Nine network, which he sold for A$1.05 billion in 1987, and then bought back three years later for a mere A$250 million. His claim to fame was due to something that revolutionized sports broadcasting. Who?
Kerry Packer started World Series Cricket.
6. His media empire began with his father’s billboard business, which he took over at the age of 24. His claim to fame is a news channel he launched in 1980 for people who got home too late to watch the network news at 6:30pm. His channel was instrumental in creating the modern “all news, all the time” television format. Who?
Ted Turner, who started CNN.
7. Which Indian brand is currently the world’s highest selling two-wheeler brand?
Hero Honda Splendor is currently the world’s highest selling two-wheeler brand.
8. The brand in Question 7 overtook a rival one in the mid-1990s to become India’s highest selling two-wheeler brand. This rival brand had been India’s highest selling two-wheeler brand for the few preceding decades. It was named after a Rajput ruler’s steed. Which brand?
Bajaj Chetak was named after a Rajput ruler’s steed.
9. Which Indian two-wheeler brand shares its name with the Roman goddess of the moon?
Luna shares its name with the Roman goddess of the moon.