Phillips Carbon Black profit rises more than nine-fold to Rs28 crore
- Jaguar Land Rover tests 1st driverless vehicle on public roads
- India, Japan mulling possible joint lunar mission, says Isro chief AS Kiran Kumar
- NHPC keen on $2.5 billion Nepal hydropower project after Chinese deal scrapped
- IT officials search at Sasikala’s 2 rooms at Jayalalithaa’s Poes Garden residence
- Strong earthquake of 6.3 magnitude rattles Tibet’s Nyingchi region
Kolkata: Phillips Carbon Black Ltd (PCBL), which produces a key ingredient for tyres, on Thursday said its net profit in the March quarter surged more than nine-fold to Rs28 crore from Rs3 crore in the year-ago period because of better realisation and an 11% growth in sales by volume.
The RP-Sanjiv Goenka Group company said its March quarter revenue grew 20% year-on-year to Rs613.33 crore despite a fall in carbon black prices.
Profit before tax for the quarter at Rs63 crore and for the whole year at Rs168 crore were the highest ever, the company said in a statement.