Phillips Carbon Black profit rises more than nine-fold to Rs28 crore
Phillips Carbon Black’s March quarter revenue grew 20% to Rs613.33 crore despite a fall in carbon black prices
Latest News »
- EPFO to help 1 million subscribers purchase houses
- GoAir to partner regional airline for Udan scheme
- India to organize commemorative Asean summit to mark 25 years of partnership
- Cabinet clears amendment to bilateral social security deal with the Netherlands
- Piyush Goyal urges power sector to pay taxes honestly
Kolkata: Phillips Carbon Black Ltd (PCBL), which produces a key ingredient for tyres, on Thursday said its net profit in the March quarter surged more than nine-fold to Rs28 crore from Rs3 crore in the year-ago period because of better realisation and an 11% growth in sales by volume.
The RP-Sanjiv Goenka Group company said its March quarter revenue grew 20% year-on-year to Rs613.33 crore despite a fall in carbon black prices.
Profit before tax for the quarter at Rs63 crore and for the whole year at Rs168 crore were the highest ever, the company said in a statement.