Phillips Carbon Black profit rises more than nine-fold to Rs28 crore
- Kabul’s Intercontinental Hotel attacked, at least five people killed and six wounded
- 17 people killed in fire at warehouse near Delhi
- Padmaavat release: Rajasthan minister says Raje govt to approach Supreme Court
- 20 AAP MLAs have sought time to meet President Kovind: Manish Sisodia
- Donald Trump marks year one with US government shutdown drama
Kolkata: Phillips Carbon Black Ltd (PCBL), which produces a key ingredient for tyres, on Thursday said its net profit in the March quarter surged more than nine-fold to Rs28 crore from Rs3 crore in the year-ago period because of better realisation and an 11% growth in sales by volume.
The RP-Sanjiv Goenka Group company said its March quarter revenue grew 20% year-on-year to Rs613.33 crore despite a fall in carbon black prices.
Profit before tax for the quarter at Rs63 crore and for the whole year at Rs168 crore were the highest ever, the company said in a statement.