Phillips Carbon Black profit rises more than nine-fold to Rs28 crore
- Why Samir Singh could not stop running
- Embassy, Taurus Investment Holdings to invest $140 mn to develop Kerala SEZ
- RBI eases foreign investment regulations for corporate debt
- NCERT launches revised student-teacher ICT curricula
- HC asks Delhi, neighbouring states to implement ban on burning of crop residue
Kolkata: Phillips Carbon Black Ltd (PCBL), which produces a key ingredient for tyres, on Thursday said its net profit in the March quarter surged more than nine-fold to Rs28 crore from Rs3 crore in the year-ago period because of better realisation and an 11% growth in sales by volume.
The RP-Sanjiv Goenka Group company said its March quarter revenue grew 20% year-on-year to Rs613.33 crore despite a fall in carbon black prices.
Profit before tax for the quarter at Rs63 crore and for the whole year at Rs168 crore were the highest ever, the company said in a statement.