USFDA issues 4 observations for Torrent Pharma’s Indrad plant
- India congratulates China on its election as vice-president of FATF
- MWC 2018: Samsung Galaxy S9 is not fixing what already works well, but packs better cameras
- MWC 2018: Nokia looks at the past and the future, and tries to perfect both
- Worker rights in India:when actions fail words
- Do companies walk the talk on investing in communities?
New Delhi: Drug firm Torrent Pharmaceuticals, or Torrent Pharma, on Friday said the US health regulator has issued four observations after inspection of its Indrad facility in Gujarat.
The United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) inspectors have carried the audit of the Indrad plant.
Four observations have been received from them relating to improvement in procedures and in documentation processes, Torrent Pharma said in a BSE filing.
“None of the observations is concerning product quality or data reliability”, it added.
The company has discussed the action plan during the audit process and a detailed response will be submitted within the stipulated time to FDA, Torrent Pharma said.
As per USFDA, an “FDA Form 483 is issued to firm management at the conclusion of an inspection when an investigator(s) has observed any conditions that in their judgement may constitute violations of the Food Drug and Cosmetic (FD&C) Act and related Acts”.
It notifies the company’s management of objectionable conditions.
Shares of Torrent Pharmaceuticals closed 1.53% lower at Rs1,298.55 per scrip on BSE.