Women’s Day: Air India, Vistara, SpiceJet to operate all-women crew flights
New Delhi: Air India Express, Vistara, SpiceJet Ltd and Air India Ltd are among the airlines whose flights will feature an all-women crew on Thursday to celebrate International Women’s Day.
Eight international flights of Air India Express would be operated with all-women crew. “All women-crew flights will take off from Kochi, Kozhikode, Thiruvananthapuram, Chennai, Mangalore, Mumbai and Delhi on Thursday,” the airline said in a release on Wednesday.
Functions are also being organized at all its offices to felicitate the women workforce, which is about 40% of its total employees, it added. Air India Express is the budget arm of Air India.
Full-service airline Vistara said it would operate select flights with all-women crew besides priority boarding for all women travellers and celebratory sale of tickets, among others.
Budget carrier SpiceJet would operate three special flights with all women cockpit and cabin crew on the occasion of International Women’s Day.
On Tuesday, Air India had said it would operate flights with all-women crew to various international and domestic destinations, including New York and Singapore.
- Robots break new ground in construction industry
- Vladimir Putin savours record win in Russia, securing 6 more years as president
- Gold prices lose sheen on subdued global cues, muted demand
- Mini-ministerial meet in India useful to carry forward WTO mandate: Roberto Azevedo
- MG Motor India to invest Rs5,000 crore over 5-6 years