Bajaj Auto Q2 profit up 7.2% at Rs1,200 crore
- Padmaavat release: Rajasthan minister says Raje govt to approach Supreme Court
- 20 AAP MLAs have sought time to meet President Kovind: Manish Sisodia
- Donald Trump marks year one with US government shutdown drama
- 9 killed in fire at plastic factory in Delhi’s Bawana
- IMF, World Bank laud RBI for ‘strengthening’ supervision
New Delhi: Bajaj Auto Ltd on Friday reported 7.2% increase in consolidated net profit at Rs1,200.72 crore for the second quarter ended 30 September. The company had posted a consolidated net profit of Rs1,120.04 crore in the same quarter of last fiscal.
Total income from operations during the quarter under review was marginally up at Rs6,432.32 crore as against Rs6,407.54 crore. Unit volume sales during the quarter were at 10,31,945 units as against 10,56,596 units in the year-ago period, down 2.33 per cent.
The company said its domestic motorcycle sales in the second quarter were at 5,79,545 units compared to 4,69,330 units in the same period last fiscal, up 23.33%.
Bajaj Auto said due to headwinds in international markets, total exports were down at 3,78,017 units as compared to 5,20,149 units in the corresponding period last year, down 27.32%.
Shares of Bajaj Auto were trading 0.96% up at Rs2,791 on BSE.