Bajaj Auto Q2 profit up 7.2% at Rs1,200 crore
Latest News »
- Stephen Hawking blames UK government for health service ‘crisis’
- Muzaffarnagar court issues non bailable warrants against 2 BJP MLAs
- After Vishal Sikka’s exit, Infosys faces recruitment headache
- Govt to strengthen bankruptcy code after studying various judgments: Arun Jaitley
- JD(U) decides to joins NDA, passes resolution at national executive meet in Patna
New Delhi: Bajaj Auto Ltd on Friday reported 7.2% increase in consolidated net profit at Rs1,200.72 crore for the second quarter ended 30 September. The company had posted a consolidated net profit of Rs1,120.04 crore in the same quarter of last fiscal.
Total income from operations during the quarter under review was marginally up at Rs6,432.32 crore as against Rs6,407.54 crore. Unit volume sales during the quarter were at 10,31,945 units as against 10,56,596 units in the year-ago period, down 2.33 per cent.
The company said its domestic motorcycle sales in the second quarter were at 5,79,545 units compared to 4,69,330 units in the same period last fiscal, up 23.33%.
Bajaj Auto said due to headwinds in international markets, total exports were down at 3,78,017 units as compared to 5,20,149 units in the corresponding period last year, down 27.32%.
Shares of Bajaj Auto were trading 0.96% up at Rs2,791 on BSE.