Asian Paints Q2 profit rises 21% to Rs576 crore
Bengaluru: India’s Asian Paints Ltd posted a 21% rise in second-quarter profit on Tuesday, beating estimates.
Profit rose to Rs576 crore ($88.58 million) in the three months ended 30 September, from Rs476 crore a year earlier, the Mumbai-headquartered company said.
Analysts on average had expected a profit of Rs517 crore, Thomson Reuters data showed.
Revenue from operations rose 2.3% to Rs4,274 crore.
Shares of the company were up 4.6% as of 0932 GMT. Reuters
- Pakistan justifies Hafiz Saeed release, says committed to UN sanctions regime on terrorists
- Rohingya refugees’ return to Myanmar will start in 2 months: Bangladesh
- Jindal Steel could win a slice of Indian Railways’ global tender for steel rails: report
- Isro to provide satellite transponders by March 2018 to monitor suspicious vessels
- London police find no sign of shooting after Oxford Street panic