Mondelez appoints Deepak Iyer as India MD
- Philanthropists need to be bridging leaders: Peggy Dulany
- PNB fraud: Didn’t consider PwC bid for audit of Nirav Modi accounts, says bank
- Hindcon Chemicals to list on NSE Emerge platform
- Narendra Modi promises strict action against PNB fraud accused
- Donald Trump says launching ‘largest-ever’ package of North Korea sanctions
New Delhi: Mondelēz International Inc. on Monday said it has appointed Deepak Iyer as managing director of Mondelez India Foods Pvt Ltd, the local entity of the world’s largest snacks company. Iyer will also be part of the company’s Asia Pacific leadership team. Iyer will report to Maurizio Brusadelli, executive vice president and president (Asia Pacific), Mondelēz International.
Iyer replaces Chandramouli Venkatesan, who has decided to pursue opportunities outside the company after a two-year stint at Mondelez India as the managing director, the company said in a statement. Venkatesan was with Mondelez for more than a decade.
Iyer will join from Bharti Axa General Insurance Co. Ltd where he was chief executive and managing director till recently. Prior to Bharti Axa, Iyer was CEO and managing director of chewing gum maker Wrigley India Pvt Ltd. Before that, Iyer worked with American food and beverages company PepsiCo Inc. for about 17 years across different roles and in different markets.