Mondelez appoints Deepak Iyer as India MD
- Ursula K. Le Guin, acclaimed writer of science fiction and fantasy, dies at 88
- Vijaya Bank Q3 net profit falls 65.45% to Rs79.56 crore
- Xiaomi’s Republic Day Sale starts today, mixes discounts, cashbacks
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case: Convict seeks recall of SC conviction order
- Idea Cellular Q3 net loss expands to Rs1,285 crore
New Delhi: Mondelēz International Inc. on Monday said it has appointed Deepak Iyer as managing director of Mondelez India Foods Pvt Ltd, the local entity of the world’s largest snacks company. Iyer will also be part of the company’s Asia Pacific leadership team. Iyer will report to Maurizio Brusadelli, executive vice president and president (Asia Pacific), Mondelēz International.
Iyer replaces Chandramouli Venkatesan, who has decided to pursue opportunities outside the company after a two-year stint at Mondelez India as the managing director, the company said in a statement. Venkatesan was with Mondelez for more than a decade.
Iyer will join from Bharti Axa General Insurance Co. Ltd where he was chief executive and managing director till recently. Prior to Bharti Axa, Iyer was CEO and managing director of chewing gum maker Wrigley India Pvt Ltd. Before that, Iyer worked with American food and beverages company PepsiCo Inc. for about 17 years across different roles and in different markets.