Mondelez appoints Deepak Iyer as India MD
- International Day of Happiness: Money can buy you happiness, but only to a certain point, says Raj Raghunathan
- Mid-cap IT is growing faster, but what about risks?
- 39 Indians missing in Iraq since 2014 declared dead, confirms Sushma Swaraj
- International Day of Happiness: India’s diversity makes its millennials happy
- Indian professionals hold rally to end green card backlog across US
New Delhi: Mondelēz International Inc. on Monday said it has appointed Deepak Iyer as managing director of Mondelez India Foods Pvt Ltd, the local entity of the world’s largest snacks company. Iyer will also be part of the company’s Asia Pacific leadership team. Iyer will report to Maurizio Brusadelli, executive vice president and president (Asia Pacific), Mondelēz International.
Iyer replaces Chandramouli Venkatesan, who has decided to pursue opportunities outside the company after a two-year stint at Mondelez India as the managing director, the company said in a statement. Venkatesan was with Mondelez for more than a decade.
Iyer will join from Bharti Axa General Insurance Co. Ltd where he was chief executive and managing director till recently. Prior to Bharti Axa, Iyer was CEO and managing director of chewing gum maker Wrigley India Pvt Ltd. Before that, Iyer worked with American food and beverages company PepsiCo Inc. for about 17 years across different roles and in different markets.