Texmaco Rail profit almost doubles to Rs17.07 crore
- World Toilet Day: Narendra Modi says committed to improving sanitation facilities
- Delhi government issues 117-point checklist to schools on student safety
- UIDAI says 210 government websites made public Aadhaar details
- Anti-hijacking law: Civil aviation ministry may delegate some powers to home ministry
- Banks allowed to hire machines, staffers for Aadhaar enrolment
Kolkata: Texmaco Rail and Engineering Ltd, one of India’s top wagon-makers, on Thursday said its net profit in the September quarter almost doubled to Rs17.07 crore because of an 82% jump in revenue from operations.
Texmaco’s revenue in the September quarter rose to Rs236.56 crore from Rs130.32 crore in the September quarter of 2015-16, despite sluggish demand for wagons, the company said in a statement.
Texmaco has started production in August to supply to the railways 1,338 wagons for which orders were received in the current year.