Texmaco Rail profit almost doubles to Rs17.07 crore
- How the humble cauliflower triggered a farmer’s wrath
- M.B. Patil: The man who led the Lingayat movement
- Rally by railway job aspirants in Mumbai assumes political colour
- India lodges fresh protest with Pakistan on ‘harassment’
- Energy efficiency, green concerns key to India’s development goals: R.K. Singh
Kolkata: Texmaco Rail and Engineering Ltd, one of India’s top wagon-makers, on Thursday said its net profit in the September quarter almost doubled to Rs17.07 crore because of an 82% jump in revenue from operations.
Texmaco’s revenue in the September quarter rose to Rs236.56 crore from Rs130.32 crore in the September quarter of 2015-16, despite sluggish demand for wagons, the company said in a statement.
Texmaco has started production in August to supply to the railways 1,338 wagons for which orders were received in the current year.