SHEROES acquires online counselling platform LoveDoctor
- Pakistan violates ceasefire along LoC in Uri sector of Jammu and Kashmir
- Taliban militants attack Afghan army post in Farah killing 18 soldiers
- Arun Jaitley slams regulators, auditors for Rs11,400 crore PNB fraud
- New H1B visa policy will protect workers, prevent any fraud: USCIS
- IndiGo to shift part of its operations from IGI’s T-1 to T-2 after SC order
New Delhi: SHEROES, the career portal for women owned and operated by Delhi-based Applied Life Pvt. Ltd, acquired an online counselling platform, LoveDoctor.in, for an undisclosed amountl, the company said in a statement on Thursday.
Avani Parekh, founder and chief executive officer, LoveDoctor.in, will join SHEROES as director of community and empathy, and focus on building a career helpline #AskMonica to counsel and guide women.
“SHEROES already offers mentoring and career helpline support to its community and this (purchase of LoveDoctor.in) will integrate with those efforts. Women need to navigate several issues, as they navigate their work and life and having LoveDoctor become part of the SHEROES family will help us address those needs,” said Sairee Chahal, founder SHEROES.
Operating for over two years, LoveDoctor.in provides love, relationship, and sexual health counselling through web-based chat messenger, email, SMS and through messaging mobile application, WhatsApp.
“I hope that through this merger women feel safe, supported, and heard every single day through our counselling and other support channels... we know that women have questions about love, relationships and sex too—but are shy, scared, or fear retaliation if they ask,” said Parekh in a statement.