Hero MotoCorp hikes prices of scooters, motorcycles by up to Rs2,200
Hero MotoCorp has hiked prices across its entire mdel range of motorcycles—from Splendor to Karizma—and scooters such as Maestro and Duet
Latest News »
- GSK Pharma’s profit plunges 63.4% to Rs26.42 crore, plans to introduce more vaccines
- Donald Trump hails Jared Kushner for ‘proving’ Russian links wrong
- Behind Manafort loans, army pilot who flew into Donald Trump’s orbit
- India will need $4.5 trillion by 2040 for infrastructure: report
- Vodafone-Idea merger expected to complete in 2018
New Delhi: The country’s largest two-wheeler maker, Hero MotoCorp Ltd, on Monday hiked prices of its products, ranging from Rs500 to Rs2,200, and across models, to offset the impact of rising input costs.
“The company raised the prices—ranging from Rs500 to Rs2,200—across different models to partially offset the commodity cost increases, effective from 1 May,” Hero MotoCorp said in a statement. Hero MotoCorp sells a range of two-wheelers starting from entry-level bike HF DAWN to top-end Karizma ZMR, with prices ranging from around Rs40,000 to over Rs1 lakh.
Last month, the company dispatched 5,91,306 units of two-wheelers, 3.49% down from 6,12,739 units in the corresponding month last year. “With the ongoing marriage season, the company expects to maintain the trend of robust retail sales in May,” the two-wheeler major said.