Hero MotoCorp hikes prices of scooters, motorcycles by up to Rs2,200
- US stocks flat, investors await Fed decision on policy rates
- Drug price regulator fixes ceiling price of 39 more drug formulations
- Jimmy Kimmel rips Republican health bill for failing ‘Kimmel test’
- Bihar govt orders probe as canal wall awaiting Nitish inauguration collapses
- UK fund sells Bank of Baroda shares worth Rs1,115 crore
New Delhi: The country’s largest two-wheeler maker, Hero MotoCorp Ltd, on Monday hiked prices of its products, ranging from Rs500 to Rs2,200, and across models, to offset the impact of rising input costs.
“The company raised the prices—ranging from Rs500 to Rs2,200—across different models to partially offset the commodity cost increases, effective from 1 May,” Hero MotoCorp said in a statement. Hero MotoCorp sells a range of two-wheelers starting from entry-level bike HF DAWN to top-end Karizma ZMR, with prices ranging from around Rs40,000 to over Rs1 lakh.
Last month, the company dispatched 5,91,306 units of two-wheelers, 3.49% down from 6,12,739 units in the corresponding month last year. “With the ongoing marriage season, the company expects to maintain the trend of robust retail sales in May,” the two-wheeler major said.