Vedanta Resources appoints Arun Kumar as CFO
Arun Kumar will take over as Vedanta’s CFO from D.D. Jalan, who retired on Friday
Latest News »
- CBSE NEET 2017 results: Punjab’s Navdeep Singh topper, followed by 2 MP students
- Hope Narendra Modi can make progress on H-1B, climate issues in US: China
- London fire started with fridge, manslaughter charges could be filed: police
- Kumble document: Coach should earn 60% of captain’s fees
- Indiabulls Real Estate shares surge nearly 7% on fund raising plans
Diversified mining and energy group Vedanta Resources Plc appointed Arun Kumar, deputy chief financial officer, as its CFO.
The move comes as Vedanta Ltd , the Indian unit of Vedanta Resources, looks to complete its takeover of oil and gas explorer Cairn India Ltd in early 2017.
The merger will boost Vedanta Resources’ finances by giving it access to Cairn India’s $3.5 billion cash pile, but has faced opposition from some big minority shareholders.
Kumar will take over from D D Jalan, who retired on Friday, Vedanta Resources said. Jalan joined the company in 2001.
Shares of Vedanta Resources were down 1.2% at 584.5 pence at 1442 GMT on the London Stock Exchange, slightly outperforming a 1.7% fall in the FTSE 350 mining index.