Vedanta Resources appoints Arun Kumar as CFO
- Gujarat election second phase LIVE: High stakes for Modi, Rahul as polling begins 8am
- WTO Buenos Aires meet ends with no consensus on key issues
- Opening bell: Asian markets trade higher; Maruti, IndusInd Bank in news
- Rahul Gandhi and the beer-‘dhokla’ game
- Aegis Logistics: new capacities provide an opportunity and a challenge
Diversified mining and energy group Vedanta Resources Plc appointed Arun Kumar, deputy chief financial officer, as its CFO.
The move comes as Vedanta Ltd , the Indian unit of Vedanta Resources, looks to complete its takeover of oil and gas explorer Cairn India Ltd in early 2017.
The merger will boost Vedanta Resources’ finances by giving it access to Cairn India’s $3.5 billion cash pile, but has faced opposition from some big minority shareholders.
Kumar will take over from D D Jalan, who retired on Friday, Vedanta Resources said. Jalan joined the company in 2001.
Shares of Vedanta Resources were down 1.2% at 584.5 pence at 1442 GMT on the London Stock Exchange, slightly outperforming a 1.7% fall in the FTSE 350 mining index.