Vedanta Resources appoints Arun Kumar as CFO
- PNB fraud: ICAI obtains statement from senior bank official
- Andhra Pradesh govt signs 77 MoUs worth Rs31,546 crore at Partnership Summit
- Kia Motors to roll out first car from Anantapur plant by 2019
- Govt revokes passports of Nirav Modi and Mehul Choksi
- Warren Buffett warns investors that safe-looking bonds can be risky
Diversified mining and energy group Vedanta Resources Plc appointed Arun Kumar, deputy chief financial officer, as its CFO.
The move comes as Vedanta Ltd , the Indian unit of Vedanta Resources, looks to complete its takeover of oil and gas explorer Cairn India Ltd in early 2017.
The merger will boost Vedanta Resources’ finances by giving it access to Cairn India’s $3.5 billion cash pile, but has faced opposition from some big minority shareholders.
Kumar will take over from D D Jalan, who retired on Friday, Vedanta Resources said. Jalan joined the company in 2001.
Shares of Vedanta Resources were down 1.2% at 584.5 pence at 1442 GMT on the London Stock Exchange, slightly outperforming a 1.7% fall in the FTSE 350 mining index.