Indian Overseas Bank Q2 net loss widens to Rs765.13 crore on falling interest income
Latest News »
- Airtel to hold shareholders, creditors meet over Telenor merger on 19 Sept
- Barcelona terror attack leaves 13 dead, 100 injured, suspects killed, IS claims responsibility
- After buying Ibibo, MakeMyTrip is spending more on promotions than its net revenue
- Grasim Industries: holding company discount remains a concern
- NBCC investors wait for revenue growth with indomitable faith
Mumbai: Indian Overseas Bank Ltd on Friday said its second-quarter net loss widened to Rs765.13 crore from Rs550.83 crore a year earlier as it set aside more money to cover bad loans and earned less interest income.
Net interest income, or the difference between interest earned on loans and that paid on deposits, fell 8.03% to Rs1,285.81 crore from Rs1,398.06 crore in the corresponding period last year.
Non-interest income, which includes core fee income, rose 25.24% to Rs969.63 crore in the three months ended 30 September from Rs774.21 crore a year earlier.
Gross non-performing assets (NPAs) made up 21.77% of total advances, up from 20.48% in the preceding quarter.
The bank’s provisions during the quarter increased to Rs1,697.56 crore from Rs1,557.76 crore in the year-ago quarter.