Uber to allow Indian users to schedule rides in advance
- New NPA rules: Power producers’ body accuses RBI of overruling House panel
- Asean summit ends with rebukes against trade protectionism
- E-wallet will address GST refund issue of exporters, says Suresh Prabhu
- DP World buys stake in India logistics firm Continental Warehouse
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged Jammu and Kashmir, says Manmohan Singh
New Delhi: Ride hailing app Uber on Thursday launched a ‘Schedule a Ride’ feature that will allow users in over 20 cities in India to book rides up to 30 days in advance.
“A top-requested service from riders around the world, especially from business travelers...Riders can schedule an uberX or an uberGO for as little as 15 minutes to as many as 30 days in advance,” Uber said in a statement.
Users can cancel anytime before their ride is on the way, it added. Amit Jain, President for Uber India, said the offering minimises idle time for its driver-partners.