Uber to allow Indian users to schedule rides in advance
- Kia Motors to roll out first car from Anantapur plant by 2019
- Govt revokes passports of Nirav Modi and Mehul Choksi
- Warren Buffett warns investors that safe-looking bonds can be risky
- Rotomac fraud: Lucknow court hands over custody of Vikram, Rahul Kothari to CBI
- PM Modi launches Tamil Nadu government’s Amma scooter scheme
New Delhi: Ride hailing app Uber on Thursday launched a ‘Schedule a Ride’ feature that will allow users in over 20 cities in India to book rides up to 30 days in advance.
“A top-requested service from riders around the world, especially from business travelers...Riders can schedule an uberX or an uberGO for as little as 15 minutes to as many as 30 days in advance,” Uber said in a statement.
Users can cancel anytime before their ride is on the way, it added. Amit Jain, President for Uber India, said the offering minimises idle time for its driver-partners.