Uber to allow Indian users to schedule rides in advance
Uber’s ‘Schedule a Ride’ feature will allow users in over 20 Indian cities to book rides up to 30 days in advance
Latest News »
- Arundhati Roy among Man Booker Prize contenders
- Opening bell: Asian markets open higher; ITC, ICICI Bank, Idea in news
- Despite ‘Baahubali 2’, multiplexes put up a boring show in the June quarter
- Yes Bank turns tide on bad loans, powered by one account
- Asian Paints: June quarter earnings lose sheen hit by GST, high input costs
New Delhi: Ride hailing app Uber on Thursday launched a ‘Schedule a Ride’ feature that will allow users in over 20 cities in India to book rides up to 30 days in advance.
“A top-requested service from riders around the world, especially from business travelers...Riders can schedule an uberX or an uberGO for as little as 15 minutes to as many as 30 days in advance,” Uber said in a statement.
Users can cancel anytime before their ride is on the way, it added. Amit Jain, President for Uber India, said the offering minimises idle time for its driver-partners.