Uber to allow Indian users to schedule rides in advance
- Virat Kohli fined for breaching ICC code of conduct
- India’s imports of Iran oil in December scheduled to rise to most since March
- Budget 2018: Food subsidy bill may swell by 10%
- Galaxy Surfactants IPO gets Sebi approval, expected to raise Rs1,000 crore
- Reliance Industries to invest Rs5,000 crore in West Bengal: Mukesh Ambani
New Delhi: Ride hailing app Uber on Thursday launched a ‘Schedule a Ride’ feature that will allow users in over 20 cities in India to book rides up to 30 days in advance.
“A top-requested service from riders around the world, especially from business travelers...Riders can schedule an uberX or an uberGO for as little as 15 minutes to as many as 30 days in advance,” Uber said in a statement.
Users can cancel anytime before their ride is on the way, it added. Amit Jain, President for Uber India, said the offering minimises idle time for its driver-partners.