ITC Q1 profit rises 7.4% to Rs2,561 crore
Bengaluru: Cigarettes-to-biscuits maker ITC Ltd reported a 7.4% increase in quarterly profit, helped by higher sales from its cigarettes segment.
Profit rose to Rs2,561 crore ($399.47 million) in its first quarter ended 30 June from Rs2,385 crore a year earlier, India’s biggest cigarettes maker said on Thursday.
Analysts on average had expected the company to post a profit of Rs2,581crore, according to Thomson Reuters data.
Revenue from operations rose about 4% to Rs13,800 crore, while revenue from its cigarettes segment grew 6.6%.Reuters
Latest News »
- Aadhaar to be mandatory for open school examinations
- Narendra Modi meets CEOs, wants young entrepreneurs to go cashless by 2022
- NEET 2017: Supreme Court refuses exemption for Tamil Nadu
- Triple Talaq verdict: is this a case of judicial overreach?
- 4G smartphone demand in emerging markets spurred growth in April-June: Gartner