ITC Q1 profit rises 7.4% to Rs2,561 crore
Bengaluru: Cigarettes-to-biscuits maker ITC Ltd reported a 7.4% increase in quarterly profit, helped by higher sales from its cigarettes segment.
Profit rose to Rs2,561 crore ($399.47 million) in its first quarter ended 30 June from Rs2,385 crore a year earlier, India’s biggest cigarettes maker said on Thursday.
Analysts on average had expected the company to post a profit of Rs2,581crore, according to Thomson Reuters data.
Revenue from operations rose about 4% to Rs13,800 crore, while revenue from its cigarettes segment grew 6.6%.Reuters
- Is WTO working for India and China?
- Traditional vs Western: Which attire is more popular among men in India?
- Govt to boost trade ties with Asean: Dharmendra Pradhan
- India, Australia and Japan bat for rules-based order in Indo-Pacific
- MDR rates revised to cut losses of acquirer banks, says RBI deputy governor B.P. Kanungo