ITC Q1 profit rises 7.4% to Rs2,561 crore
Bengaluru: Cigarettes-to-biscuits maker ITC Ltd reported a 7.4% increase in quarterly profit, helped by higher sales from its cigarettes segment.
Profit rose to Rs2,561 crore ($399.47 million) in its first quarter ended 30 June from Rs2,385 crore a year earlier, India’s biggest cigarettes maker said on Thursday.
Analysts on average had expected the company to post a profit of Rs2,581crore, according to Thomson Reuters data.
Revenue from operations rose about 4% to Rs13,800 crore, while revenue from its cigarettes segment grew 6.6%.Reuters
- India expresses ‘deep dismay’ as Maldives extends emergency
- Is Nagaland elections overshadowing the peace process?
- GST Network simplifies returns filing process
- PNB fraud: Vipul Ambani, 4 others sent to police custody till 5 March
- PNB fraud fallout: Borrowing costs may rise as overseas banks turn cautious