Delhi Metro ventures into real estate, to sell over 500 flats soon
- ‘The Shape of Water’ leads Oscar nominations with 13 nods
- Uber to be profitable within 3 years: CEO Dara Khosrowshahi
- WEF Davos 2018: Barclays CEO Jes Staley warns against 2006 like complacency
- Narendra Modi’s Davos speech reason of pride for Indians: Amit Shah
- PM Narendra Modi meets Canada PM Justin Trudeau at WEF Davos 2018
New Delhi: The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation is all set to venture into the residential real estate market and will soon put up over 500 flats, in the Rs60 lakh to Rs1 crore range, for sale.
A senior Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) official said the Metro has initiated the process on this front and people will be able to book a flat, which will come up in Janakpuri and Okhla area, in a month or two.
Around 460 flats would be built in Janakpuri while 90 in Okhla, tentatively within two years.
Plots have been identified, however, construction work has not yet started.
Metro will soon make a formal announcement of the project.
The official said DMRC will follow the model of Delhi Development Authority (DDA) in selling the apartments, which essentially means allotment will be done through a lottery.
Fifteen percent of the flats, which will be a mix of 2- BHK and 3-BHK, would be reserved for the economically weaker section, metro said, adding that the brochures are likely to be out within a month.
This will be the metro’s maiden foray into the residential real estate market. It is already into property development and also has a number of staff quarters.