Trent Q3 profit rises 14% to Rs37 crore
- Earth’s sixth mass extinction likely by 2100: MIT study
- Big Billion Days: Flipkart says on track to double sales to $1 billion this year
- First Scorpene submarine Kalvari handed over to Indian Navy
- Trai’s IUC decision a body blow to all telecom operators: Idea Cellular
- Indian economy to grow 6.7% in 2017-18, says OECD
Mumbai: Trent Ltd, a retail chain run by the Tata Group that operates Westside and Star Bazaar stores, Monday said net profit increased 14% to Rs37.22 crore in the quarter ended 31 December from Rs32.65 crore in the year-ago period.
Total income increased 14.88% to Rs440.71 crore for the fiscal third quarter, compared with Rs383.63 crore a year ago.
An analyst polled by Bloomberg had estimated a stand alone net profit of Rs24.50 crore and revenue of Rs422 crore.
The stock rose 1.59% to close at Rs210.20 on Monday while the BSE Sensex closed at 27117.34 points or 0.31% above its previous close.