Trent Q3 profit rises 14% to Rs37 crore
- Subramanian Swamy to court: Rs414 crore fine imposed by I-T dept on firm in Herald case
- Congress asks PM Modi to address Haryana rape incidents in ‘Mann Ki Baat’
- UP govt mulls withdrawing Muzaffarnagar riots cases against BJP leaders
- ONGC to buy government stake in HPCL for Rs36,915 crore
- AIADMK to write to EC to disqualify Puducherry MLAs holding ‘office of profit’
Mumbai: Trent Ltd, a retail chain run by the Tata Group that operates Westside and Star Bazaar stores, Monday said net profit increased 14% to Rs37.22 crore in the quarter ended 31 December from Rs32.65 crore in the year-ago period.
Total income increased 14.88% to Rs440.71 crore for the fiscal third quarter, compared with Rs383.63 crore a year ago.
An analyst polled by Bloomberg had estimated a stand alone net profit of Rs24.50 crore and revenue of Rs422 crore.
The stock rose 1.59% to close at Rs210.20 on Monday while the BSE Sensex closed at 27117.34 points or 0.31% above its previous close.