Airtel appoints Vani Venkatesh as new retail CEO
- Shameful your boss silencing you on Rafale: Rahul Gandhi to Nirmala Sitharaman
- Women in focus at global entrepreneurship summit this year
- National Herald: Sonia, Rahul Gandhi accuse Swamy of delaying case
- Farooq Abdullah asks Centre to look into condition of war widows
- Rafale jet purchase win-win partnership for both France and India: French minister
New Delhi: Bharti Airtel Ltd on Tuesday announced appointment of Vani Venkatesh as the chief executive for Airtel Retail. She will take over from Rohit Malhotra.
“Vani takes over from Rohit Malhotra, who after spending over nine years with the company in various senior positions, has decided to pursue opportunities outside of Airtel,” Airtel said in a statement, adding that Venkatesh’s role would be to provide world class customer experience across Airtel’s retail touch points.
She began her career with Hindustan Unilever, and has also worked with McKinsey & Co. and Abbott Healthcare.
“We are delighted to have Vani on board and are confident that her rich experience will add to our initiatives to ensure customer delight across our retail points. I wish her all the best for her new role. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Rohit for his valuable contribution to the company,” chief executive of Bharti Airtel (India and South Asia) Gopal Vittal said.
Airtel owns and operates 550 retail stores, supplemented by 2,400 franchisee retail stores, across India.