Harley-Davidson appoints Peter MacKenzie as India operations MD
New Delhi: American cult-bike manufacturer Harley-Davidson on Monday named Peter MacKenzie as managing director of its India operations.
MacKenzie will assume the role with immediate effect in addition to his current role as managing director for Greater China, the company said in a statement.
MacKenzie will continue to be based in Shanghai while Harley-Davidson India country manager Manish Agarwal will be providing him support on a day-to-day basis, the statement added.
In his new role, MacKenzie will manage Harley-Davidson India’s leadership team responsible for in-country sales, dealer network management, marketing, service and operations activities to expand the company’s presence in the country.
Commenting on the appointment, Harley-Davidson vice president and managing director (international markets) Marc McAllister said MacKenzie would provide strong leadership to grow reach and impact of the brand, as the company expands dealership network in India.
“India is a strategic market for us in line with our company strategy to build the next generation of Harley-Davidson riders globally,” McAllister added.
MacKenzie joined Harley-Davidson in 2010 and has 25 years of experience.
- RIL world’s 3rd largest energy firm: Platts rankings
- Gold prices slump by Rs100 on demand dent
- India ships 620 tonnes of food today for Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh
- BHU protests: Committee headed by UP chief secretary to probe violence
- Post Nandyal bypolls, TDP and YSRCP continue campaigning, set tone for 2019 elections