Future Retail posts Q2 standalone profit of Rs74 crore
Latest News »
- Brexit web tangled by spats over when to leave, Irish border
- India’s e-commerce market to touch $33 billion this fiscal: Government
- Neymar storms out of Barca training, speculation over PSG move grows
- L&T first quarter profit rises 46% to Rs893 crore, but misses estimates
- Uber is said to target titans of industry in CEO search
Mumbai: Future Retail Ltd that operates super markets and hyper markets like Big Bazaar and Easyday on Tuesday reported a standalone net profit of Rs73.63 crore for the quarter ended September.
In the year-ago quarter, net loss stood at Rs56.69 crore. The results, however, are not comparable as the company has restructured its operations and demerged its back-end operations into a separate company, Future Enterprise Ltd, which was listed on the stock exchanges in May.
Net sales in the September quarter stood at Rs4,129.85 crore, against Rs359.86 crore in the year-ago quarter.
Future Retail was formerly known as Bharti Retail. Following an arrangement between Bharti Retail and Future Retail, two companies were formed, separating the front and back-end operations. The front-end operations were transferred to Bharti Retail which was then renamed Future Retail and the erstwhile Future Retail was renamed Future Enterprise.
Shares of Future Retail rose 1.78% to close at Rs123 per share on Tuesday on the BSE, while the benchmark Sensex index rose 0.17% to close at 26,392.76 points.