Micron appoints SanDisk co-founder Sanjay Mehrotra as CEO
- Govt awaits Idea-Vodafone tower sale closure for green signal to mega merger
- Essar Shipping plans to double cargo tonnage by 2020
- ICC presents Virat Kohli with ICC Test Championship mace
- Loss and expectations: Spotlight on daughter Jhanvi after Sridevi’s demise?
- Bhushan Power bid: Liberty House plans to move NCLT this week
Bengaluru: Chipmaker Micron Technology Inc. named SanDisk co-founder Sanjay Mehrotra its chief executive, replacing Mark Durcan, who announced his retirement in February.
Mehrotra’s appointment will be effective from 8 May, post which, Durcan will serve as an adviser to the company until early August.
Durcan, a 30-year Micron veteran, took the top job in 2012 after long-time CEO Steve Appleton was killed in a plane crash.
Mehrotra, who will also become Micron’s president and join the company’s board, served as CEO of SandDisk from 2011 to 2016.
He spearheaded the $16 billion acquisition of the company by US hard-disk maker Western Digital Corp. last year.
Micron shares were up 1% in pre-market trading on Thursday. Reuters