Micron appoints SanDisk co-founder Sanjay Mehrotra as CEO
SanDisk co-founder Sanjay Mehrotra replaces Mark Durcan, who announced his retirement in February, as Micron CEO
Latest News »
- Delhi High Court imposes cost on Arvind Kejriwal in Arun Jaitley defamation case
- Donald Trump says he’s considering both Janet Yellen, Gary Cohn for Fed chair
- New legal provisions to deal with racial attacks planned: Government
- Declaring 39 Indians abducted in Iraq dead without proof will be sin: Sushma Swaraj
- Tejaswi won’t not resign, say Lalu Prasad Yadav, puts ball in Nitish’s court
Bengaluru: Chipmaker Micron Technology Inc. named SanDisk co-founder Sanjay Mehrotra its chief executive, replacing Mark Durcan, who announced his retirement in February.
Mehrotra’s appointment will be effective from 8 May, post which, Durcan will serve as an adviser to the company until early August.
Durcan, a 30-year Micron veteran, took the top job in 2012 after long-time CEO Steve Appleton was killed in a plane crash.
Mehrotra, who will also become Micron’s president and join the company’s board, served as CEO of SandDisk from 2011 to 2016.
He spearheaded the $16 billion acquisition of the company by US hard-disk maker Western Digital Corp. last year.
Micron shares were up 1% in pre-market trading on Thursday. Reuters