Coal India Q1 net profit declines over 14% to Rs 3,065 crore
- State oil firms plan Rs 723 crore of LPG investment in UP : Dharmendra Pradhan
- Opening bell: Asian markets open higher; Shoppers Stop, Godrej Agrovet in news
- Easing price of titanium dioxide a near-term relief for paint companies
- Indian Hotels: Improving financials but yet to satisfy investors
- The rise of flexible employment in India
Kolkata: Coal India Ltd on Tuesday reported a 14.7% drop in net profit to Rs3,065.26 crore during the June quarter as against Rs3,596.92 crore in the corresponding period last year.
Net sales for the quarter stood at Rs17,796.05 crore, down 6.1% from Rs18,955.75 crore in the year ago period.
Total expenses decreased to Rs14,834.20 crore in the April-June quarter from Rs15,320.81 crore in the corresponding period last year.
Production of coal for April-June 2016 is 125.67 million tonne from 121.35 million tonne same period last year, a growth of 3.56%
Offtake increased by 2.98% to 133.24 million tonne from 129.39 million tonne in the year-ago period.