Coal India Q1 net profit declines over 14% to Rs 3,065 crore
- Delhi pollution: Air quality ‘very poor’ again, after two days of relief
- Govt raises Rs14,500 crore from Bharat 22 ETF, issue subscribed 4 times
- M&M to expand footprint in Rs1,000 crore e-rickshaw market
- Padmavati controversy: SC says no to plea to delete ‘objectionable scenes’ of movie
- North Korean women suffer discrimination, rape, malnutrition: UN
Kolkata: Coal India Ltd on Tuesday reported a 14.7% drop in net profit to Rs3,065.26 crore during the June quarter as against Rs3,596.92 crore in the corresponding period last year.
Net sales for the quarter stood at Rs17,796.05 crore, down 6.1% from Rs18,955.75 crore in the year ago period.
Total expenses decreased to Rs14,834.20 crore in the April-June quarter from Rs15,320.81 crore in the corresponding period last year.
Production of coal for April-June 2016 is 125.67 million tonne from 121.35 million tonne same period last year, a growth of 3.56%
Offtake increased by 2.98% to 133.24 million tonne from 129.39 million tonne in the year-ago period.