Coal India Q1 net profit declines over 14% to Rs 3,065 crore
Latest News »
- Premier League clubs smash own transfer spending record with £1.184 billion outlay
- Who after Rangana Herath?
- Supreme Court rejects Sasikala’s plea to review verdict in DA case
- BJP urges RJD to postpone Patna rally due to floods in Bihar, Lalu says ‘no’
- Delhi court to hear Satyender Jain’s pleas against Kapil Mishra on 11 September
Kolkata: Coal India Ltd on Tuesday reported a 14.7% drop in net profit to Rs3,065.26 crore during the June quarter as against Rs3,596.92 crore in the corresponding period last year.
Net sales for the quarter stood at Rs17,796.05 crore, down 6.1% from Rs18,955.75 crore in the year ago period.
Total expenses decreased to Rs14,834.20 crore in the April-June quarter from Rs15,320.81 crore in the corresponding period last year.
Production of coal for April-June 2016 is 125.67 million tonne from 121.35 million tonne same period last year, a growth of 3.56%
Offtake increased by 2.98% to 133.24 million tonne from 129.39 million tonne in the year-ago period.