Coal India Q1 net profit declines over 14% to Rs 3,065 crore
- Paytm says transactions crossed Rs10,000 crore during Diwali season
- Canara Bank to hire investment bankers for sale of non-core assets
- RAW Pressery gets $6 million funding from Sequoia, Saama Capital, DSG
- Amazon eyeing offline tie-ups to take on Flipkart in online fashion retail
- Yash Gupta resigns from Hines, to set up own real estate venture
Kolkata: Coal India Ltd on Tuesday reported a 14.7% drop in net profit to Rs3,065.26 crore during the June quarter as against Rs3,596.92 crore in the corresponding period last year.
Net sales for the quarter stood at Rs17,796.05 crore, down 6.1% from Rs18,955.75 crore in the year ago period.
Total expenses decreased to Rs14,834.20 crore in the April-June quarter from Rs15,320.81 crore in the corresponding period last year.
Production of coal for April-June 2016 is 125.67 million tonne from 121.35 million tonne same period last year, a growth of 3.56%
Offtake increased by 2.98% to 133.24 million tonne from 129.39 million tonne in the year-ago period.