Coal India Q1 net profit declines over 14% to Rs 3,065 crore
Coal India’s net sales for the quarter stood at Rs17,796.05 crore, down 6.1% from Rs18,955.75 crore in the year ago period
Latest News »
- Narendra Modi arrives in Washington: Trump administration readies the red carpet
- Cyberattack hits UK Parliament, limiting access to MPs’ emails
- Narendra Modi will convey Indian IT firms’ role in US to Trump: Vishal Sikka
- Gujarat Congress leader Shankarsinh Vaghela hits out at party leadership
- Yogi Adityanath govt launches ‘informer scheme’ to curb female foeticide
Kolkata: Coal India Ltd on Tuesday reported a 14.7% drop in net profit to Rs3,065.26 crore during the June quarter as against Rs3,596.92 crore in the corresponding period last year.
Net sales for the quarter stood at Rs17,796.05 crore, down 6.1% from Rs18,955.75 crore in the year ago period.
Total expenses decreased to Rs14,834.20 crore in the April-June quarter from Rs15,320.81 crore in the corresponding period last year.
Production of coal for April-June 2016 is 125.67 million tonne from 121.35 million tonne same period last year, a growth of 3.56%
Offtake increased by 2.98% to 133.24 million tonne from 129.39 million tonne in the year-ago period.