Delhi MCD Election Results 2017

Source: media reports

Amul generates Rs200 cr revenue in 2008

Amul generates Rs200 cr revenue in 2008
Comment E-mail Print Share
First Published: Sun, Oct 05 2008. 03 42 PM IST
Updated: Sun, Oct 05 2008. 03 43 PM IST
PTI
Mumbai: The Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation has generated a revenue of around Rs200 crore in the last 12 months from the 3,000 Amul parlours across the country, a top company official said.
“We have generated a revenue of Rs200 crore in the last 12 months. As we increase the number of our stores, we expect the figures to go up,” Amul’s General Manager (Planning & Marketing) Jayen Mehta told reporters on the sidelines of the All India Management Association (AIMA) held here.
There are around 3,000 Amul parlours across the country as of now and the Federation intends to take this to number around 10,000 by next year, Mehta said.
“By March 2009, we intend to set up around 5,000 parlours. By the end of the next calender year, our plan is to have around 10,000 parlours,” Mehta said.
It also plans to adopt the franchisee route to expand the network and has started the process of selecting franchisees pan-India, he said.
Amul parlours offer milk, cheese, butter, ice-creams, beverages, other milk products and pizzas.
“Gujarat continues to be the biggest sourcing point for milk. But now raw milk is also being procured from Maharashtra, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajashthan, Orissa, West Bengal, Jammu and Kashmir and Punjab,” Mehta said.
Urban centres contribute nearly 70% to the company’s revenue while the remaining 30% comes from rural areas.
The company is targeting a revenue of around $2.5-billion by 2010, he said.
Comment E-mail Print Share
First Published: Sun, Oct 05 2008. 03 42 PM IST