Pankaj Patel appointed Bayer CropScience chairman
In June, Vijay Mallya resigned as chairman of Bayer CropScience after over 12 years of holding the position in the company
Latest News »
- Donald Trump calls Narendra Modi ‘true friend’ as US, India approach talks
- Narendra Modi arrives in Washington: Trump administration readies the red carpet
- Cyberattack hits UK Parliament, limiting access to MPs’ emails
- Narendra Modi will convey Indian IT firms’ role in US to Trump: Vishal Sikka
- Gujarat Congress leader Shankarsinh Vaghela hits out at party leadership
New Delhi: Bayer CropScience Ltd on Tuesday appointed Pankaj Patel as non-executive director and chairman of the company following beleaguered businessman Vijay Mallya’s resignation last month.
In a filing to BSE Ltd, Bayer CropScience said the board, in its meeting held on Tuesday, appointed Pankaj Patel as an additional non-executive director of the company with effect from 5 July.
“The Board further appointed Pankaj Patel as the Chairman of the Board with effect from July 5, 2016 to chair all the meetings of the Board of Directors and the General Meetings of the company,” it added.
Last month, Mallya resigned as chairman of Bayer CropScience after over 12 years of holding the position in the company. Mallya ceased to be the chairman and director with effect from 30 June.
Pankaj Patel is the chairman and managing director of Zydus Cadila. With an experience spanning over 40 years in the Indian pharmaceutical industry, Patel combines both research and techno-commercial expertise.
Patel is also the chairman of Bayer Zydus Pharma Pvt. Ltd—a joint venture between Bayer (South East Asia) Pte Ltd and Cadila Healthcare Ltd.