Grasim Industries shares rise over 4% on Q3 results
- RBI has been intervening to stem rupee’s appreciation, says Arvind Subramanian
- Amazon’s Shoppers Stop deal is like most buys. Not essential
- Sports ministry recommends shuttler P.V. Sindhu for Padma Bhushan
- What should an agricultural export promotion policy focus on?
- Nasa’s heartbeat probe helping rescue Mexico quake survivors
New Delhi: Shares of Grasim Industries surged over 4% after the Aditya Birla Group firm reported an increase of 13.69% in consolidated net profit at Rs728.19 crore for the third quarter ended 31 December.
The stock gained 4.46% to settle at Rs970.20 on BSE. Intra-day, it touched a high of Rs1,004.10. On NSE, shares of the company surged 4.11% to end the day at Rs969.55.
On the volume front, 1.86 lakh shares changed hands on BSE and over 45 lakh shares were traded on NSE. Grasim Industries today posted a consolidated net profit of Rs728.19 crore for the third quarter.
Net profit stood at Rs640.47 crore in October-December a year ago, Grasim Industries said in a BSE filing. Its consolidated total income from operations was up marginally by 0.84% at Rs9,577.02 crore during the quarter under review as against Rs9,496.84 crore in the same period last fiscal.