First bankruptcy case against Innoventive Industries registered in NCLT
Latest News »
- Rajasthan govt to raise OBC quota, mulling 5% reservation to Gujjars
- Smartphone maker COMIO launches three handsets in India
- Finance ministry clarifies no disparity in number of taxpayers
- BJP leader arrested after 27 cows die at his gaushala in Chhattisgarh
- Taking SBI’s cue, ICICI Bank cuts interest rate on savings account by 50 bps
Mumbai: The country’s first bankruptcy case against Innoventive Industries Ltd was admitted in the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) on Tuesday, two people aware of the development said.
The court observed that the company cannot seek protection under the Maharashtra Industrial Development Act as the insolvency regulation is a special Act, said one of the two people. Both spoke on condition of anonymity.
ICICI Bank Ltd had filed an application against the Pune-based steel products maker in NCLT last month. This is the first case in India filed under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016, and it will provide a primer on how the new law will help tackle the banking system’s nearly Rs6.7 trillion of bad loans.