First bankruptcy case against Innoventive Industries registered in NCLT
- Ford sees big opportunity for smart mobility services in India
- Irdai panel to help move to risk-based capital norms in 3 years
- LTCG case: Sebi revokes trading ban on 14 entities
- Bangladesh imposes mobile phone ban on Rohingya refugees
- Govt to set up 5 scrap-based steel plants with Rs500 crore investment
Mumbai: The country’s first bankruptcy case against Innoventive Industries Ltd was admitted in the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) on Tuesday, two people aware of the development said.
The court observed that the company cannot seek protection under the Maharashtra Industrial Development Act as the insolvency regulation is a special Act, said one of the two people. Both spoke on condition of anonymity.
ICICI Bank Ltd had filed an application against the Pune-based steel products maker in NCLT last month. This is the first case in India filed under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016, and it will provide a primer on how the new law will help tackle the banking system’s nearly Rs6.7 trillion of bad loans.