Jain Irrigation buys two US firms for $48 million
Latest News »
- Blamed by Infosys board, Narayana Murthy says ‘extremely anguished’
- Exhibition celebrating World Photography Day shows unique facets of Karnataka and Goa
- Film Review: Bareilly Ki Barfi
- Beautiful and bizarre things to buy: From wearable art to a Margarita bar stool
- ‘Bareilly Ki Barfi’, ‘Annabelle: Creation’ highlights of the week
Mumbai: Jain Irrigation Systems Ltd (JISL) on Wednesday said it has agreed to acquire 80% stake in two entities in the US with an investment of $48 million. JISL will acquire the two micro-irrigation companies through its multi-generation wholly-owned subsidiary in US, it said in a BSE filing.
The two micro-irrigation dealers, Agri-Valley Irrigation Inc. (AVI) and Irrigation Design and Construction Inc. (IDC), have entered into an agreement with JISL to merge ownership of their businesses into a newly-formed distribution company, JISL said. This new organisation will provide a platform to help growers implement irrigation technology.
AVI and IDC have been long-tenured stable companies with operations in the US. “We have invested $48 million for this acquisition. The transaction gives us the capability to provide focused, end-to-end project solutions, consistent with our global solutions and capabilities. With the newly-formed company, we’ll be able to deliver agriculture technology and irrigation solutions from our recent investments,” Jain Irrigation Systems CEO Anil Jain said.
No government or regulatory approvals are required to complete the transaction, the BSE filing said. The transaction is expected to be completed in the next few weeks.