Maruti Suzuki to launch all new Dzire next month
- How the Facebook-Cambridge Analytica saga unfolded
- 18 new Indian missions in Africa to be opened in next 4 years
- Farm suicides hit a 21-year low in 2016, claims government
- No legal bar on convicted persons joining political parties: Centre tells SC
- If technology maketh the man, surely it can modify the Maoist movement
New Delhi: Country’s largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) plans to launch an all new version of its best selling compact sedan Dzire next month.
The company, which has till date sold 13.81 lakh units of the model in the country since its launch in March 2008, on Friday unveiled a sketch of the new Dzire.
The model has been a roaring success for the company and has been instrumental in making Maruti Suzuki a strong player in the entry sedan segment.
The model has been contributing to around 50% of vehicle sales in the segment. During the last fiscal, Dzire occupied the third slot in the top ten list of passenger vehicles with sale of 1,99,878 units. It was the second best selling model among the passenger vehicles in 2015-16.
Its nearest rival Hyundai’s Xcent sold 47,614 units during the last fiscal.
Last full model change of the Dzire happened in February 2012. Last year, the company launched the compact sedan with auto gear shift (AGS) technology.