Jaguar Land Rover launches diesel variant of JLR XE sedan
Latest News »
- TPG Capital’s stake sale in Healthium Medtech draws interest from 4 firms
- Income tax scrutiny to remain limited despite ITR filings surge
- Terrorist attacks on the rise in Europe
- Is Infosys co-founder Narayana Murthy being blamed unfairly for Vishal Sikka’s resignation?
- Three arrested in Hyderabad for not standing up during national anthem
New Delhi: Tata Motors-owned Jaguar Land Rover India on Monday kicked off sale of its new diesel variant of Jaguar XE sedan at a starting price of Rs 38.25 lakh (ex- showroom Delhi).
The new diesel variant is powered by a 2 litre engine that delivers a power output of 132 kW, the company said in a statement.
This will enhance the portfolio of Jaguar XE sedan which has a 2 litre petrol engine version already on sale in India since January 2016.
The petrol version is priced at Rs 37.25 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
Commenting on the launch, Jaguar Land Rover India managing director Rohit Suri said the XE has been a very successful model from the Jaguar family. “With the Jaguar XE diesel, we are confident of further expanding our customer base in the country,” he added.
Based on Jaguar’s light-weight aluminium architecture derived from the aerospace industry, XE sedan is equipped with 8-speed automatic transmission and other hi-tech features such as torque vectoring by braking and all surface progress control, the company said.