Jaguar Land Rover launches diesel variant of JLR XE sedan
JLR XE sedan’s diesel variant is available for Rs 38.25 lakh and is powered by a 2 litre engine that delivers a power output of 132 kW, said Jaguar Land Rover in a statement
Latest News »
- Cyberattack hits UK Parliament, limiting access to MPs’ emails
- Narendra Modi will convey Indian IT firms’ role in US to Trump: Vishal Sikka
- Gujarat Congress leader Shankarsinh Vaghela hits out at party leadership
- Yogi Adityanath govt launches ‘informer scheme’ to curb female foeticide
- World Taekwondo Federation changes its name over ‘negative’ acronym
New Delhi: Tata Motors-owned Jaguar Land Rover India on Monday kicked off sale of its new diesel variant of Jaguar XE sedan at a starting price of Rs 38.25 lakh (ex- showroom Delhi).
The new diesel variant is powered by a 2 litre engine that delivers a power output of 132 kW, the company said in a statement.
This will enhance the portfolio of Jaguar XE sedan which has a 2 litre petrol engine version already on sale in India since January 2016.
The petrol version is priced at Rs 37.25 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
Commenting on the launch, Jaguar Land Rover India managing director Rohit Suri said the XE has been a very successful model from the Jaguar family. “With the Jaguar XE diesel, we are confident of further expanding our customer base in the country,” he added.
Based on Jaguar’s light-weight aluminium architecture derived from the aerospace industry, XE sedan is equipped with 8-speed automatic transmission and other hi-tech features such as torque vectoring by braking and all surface progress control, the company said.