Tata Motors’ global sales up 5% to over 1 lakh units in September
- China runs world’s fastest commercial bullet train at 350km per hour
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath, deputy CM Keshav Prasad Maurya resign from Lok Sabha
- Saudi Arabia is lifting ban on Skype, WhatsApp calls, but will ‘censor’ them
- Clarify stand on BS-I, BS-II vehicles: NGT to northern states
- Mumbai to Kaas Plateau: Blossom time
New Delhi:Automobile manufacturer Tata Motors on Monday reported 5.35% increase in global sales at 1,02,289 units, including that of Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) vehicles, for September. It had sold 97,102 units in September 2015, Tata Motors said in a BSE filing.
In the passenger vehicles category, global sales stood at 67,895 units last month as against 63,334 units during the same period a year ago, up 7.2%. Sales of luxury brand Jaguar Land Rover were up 3.6% to 52,914 vehicles units in September compared with 51,074 units in the same month last year.
Sales of commercial vehicles were at 34,394 units as against 33,768 units in the year-ago month, a growth of 1.85%.