Auto Expo 2018: Renault showcases electric cars Zoe, Trezor
New Delhi: Renault India Pvt. Ltd, the maker of mini car Kwid, on Wednesday showcased the Zoe, a mini electric car, and the Trezor, a two-seater electric supercar.
Managing director and chief executive at the Indian unit Sumit Sawhney said “transformation towards electric vehicles (EVs) is inevitable in India”, while conceding that the company is “awaiting a government policy on research and development before taking a long-term strategic decision.”
Renault is the EV leader in European markets, he added, while describing the company as “well-poised, optimistic and excited for its India operations.
Citing an increasing need for innovation and disruption at the India unit, the company built design centres in Mumbai and Chennai in 2017 to recruit and promote local talent, said Laurens van den Acker, chief designer of the Trezor and senior vice-president, corporate design, Groupe Renault.
- Kamal Hassan party launch Live updates: Actor to unveil party name, flag today in Madurai
- CBI begins questioning of Rotomac owner Vikram Kothari
- News in Numbers: Total outstanding loans taken by wilful defaulters amount to Rs1.11 trillion
- South Korea regulator flags better deal for cryptocurrency industry
- Railways to propose to build Ayodhya station as Ram temple replica: Union minister