Coffee by Di Bella look to expand India presence, sell instant coffee
Latest News »
- Chinese incursion in Ladakh: India, China army officers to meet in Leh today
- Malaysia’s Petronas eyeing stake in Indian LNG import terminal: IOC
- Daniel Craig announces return as James Bond
- Donald Trump says North Korea made ‘wise’ choice by forgoing missile attack
- Cabinet approves new mechanism to speed up strategic disinvestment
Mumbai: Australian coffee chain Coffee by Di Bella is expanding its presence in Mumbai and entering Delhi, Bangalore, and Gujarat while also working on selling packaged instant coffee under the Coffee by Di Bella brand.
Coffee by Di Bella, which currently runs 11 outlets all in Mumbai, is looking to expand to 20 more stores in Mumbai this year. The coffee chain cut down its store count from 14, shutting its three stores in Hyderabad after metro construction hampered its locations in the prime Jubilee Hills area.
“We have crossed $3 million (Rs 19.64 crore) in investment, and we have allocated another $2 million (Rs 13.09 crore) for the next round,” Rahul Leekha, Coffee by Di Bella’s India head said. “This will largely be for store expansion.” All rupee figures are based on a conversion of Rs 65.48 to $1.
Coffee by Di Bella is looking to set up cafes in Delhi, Bangalore and Gujarat, and has started groundwork in Delhi, Leekha said.