NTPC Q3 profit falls 4%, misses expectations
Bengaluru: India’s power producer NTPC Ltd reported a 4% fall in quarterly profit on Wednesday, missing analysts’ estimates.
Profit after tax from continuing operations for the third quarter ended 31 December fell to Rs2,361 crore ($370.96 million) from Rs2,469 crore a year earlier, the company said in a statement.
Analysts on average had expected a profit of Rs2,680 crore, according to Thomson Reuters data.
However, revenue from its generation segment was up 5% at Rs20,558 crore.
NTPC shares ended at Rs170.25 at BSE.
- Robots break new ground in construction industry
- Vladimir Putin savours record win in Russia, securing 6 more years as president
- Gold prices lose sheen on subdued global cues, muted demand
- Mini-ministerial meet in India useful to carry forward WTO mandate: Roberto Azevedo
- MG Motor India to invest Rs5,000 crore over 5-6 years