Bharti Enterprises appoints Soumen Ghosh as MD, financial services
- Himachal election results 2017 LIVE: Counting of votes begins 8 am in 42 centres
- Gujarat election results 2017 LIVE: BJP and Congress fate on the line, counting of votes begins at 8 am
- For whom the bell tolls in Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh
- Gujarat elections: EC withdraws notice to Rahul Gandhi over TV interviews
- Andhra Pradesh: Chandrababu Naidu unveils schemes named after himself
New Delhi: Bharti Enterprises has appointed Soumen Ghosh as the managing director (MD) of its financial services business.
The financial services unit includes the insurance businesses, namely Bharti AXA Life Insurance Co. Ltd and Bharti AXA General Insurance Co. Ltd.
In the new role, Ghosh will “build strategic business value proposition” for Bharti’s financial services businesses. “He will be responsible for further strengthening the management processes, business expansion and governance of these businesses,” a company release said.
Prior to joining Bharti, Ghosh was heading the financial services business at Reliance Capital Ltd as executive director and group chief executive officer across a variety of business lines such as insurance, mutual funds, commercial and housing finance, among others. A chartered accountant from England and a mechanical engineer, Ghosh comes with 35 years of experience, 28 of them in the insurance sector across Asia-Pacific and Middle-Eastern region.
“As we renew our focus and chart the next phase of growth for our financial services business, I am confident that Soumen Ghosh’s rich and diverse experience in the sector will add immense value to the entire line of businesses,” said Bharti Enterprises founder and chairman Sunil Bharti Mittal. PTI