Strides Shasun gets USFDA approval for Parkinson’s drug
- Defection of MNS corporators to Shiv Sena shakes up Maharashtra’s politics
- SC cracker ban brought respite, but a lot needs to be done
- Can blockchain technology be an answer to India’s land governance woes?
- Can see bright Samvat 2074 ahead: Ramesh Damani
- Mutual funds trim metals, retail holdings, tank up on financial stocks in September
New Delhi: Strides Shasun on Thursday said it has received approval from the US health regulator, Food and Drug Administration (FDA), for Amantadine Hydrochloride, used for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease and select viral infections, in the American market.
“The product has received approval in 15 months under the USFDA’s new product clearance regime of GDUFA. The product will be launched immediately,” Strides Shasun said in a BSE filing.
Amantadine Hydrochloride is used for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease and Shingles (Herpes Zoster) to reduce pain. Quoting IMS data, Strides Shasun said the US market for Amantadine Hydrochloride is approximately $25 million with three generic players.
Shares of the company were trading 2.29% higher at Rs958 on BSE.