Strides Shasun gets USFDA approval for Parkinson’s drug
Latest News »
- Power Grid inks $500 million loan pact with Asian Development Bank
- RBI identifies 40 more large loan defaulter accounts for clean-up
- Rajkummar Rao, our man on screen
- Govt threatens Philip Morris with ‘punitive action’ over alleged violations
- Rajasthan govt to raise OBC quota, mulling 5% reservation to Gujjars
New Delhi: Strides Shasun on Thursday said it has received approval from the US health regulator, Food and Drug Administration (FDA), for Amantadine Hydrochloride, used for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease and select viral infections, in the American market.
“The product has received approval in 15 months under the USFDA’s new product clearance regime of GDUFA. The product will be launched immediately,” Strides Shasun said in a BSE filing.
Amantadine Hydrochloride is used for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease and Shingles (Herpes Zoster) to reduce pain. Quoting IMS data, Strides Shasun said the US market for Amantadine Hydrochloride is approximately $25 million with three generic players.
Shares of the company were trading 2.29% higher at Rs958 on BSE.