Acquisitions by Yahoo
1. The service ONElist was created by Mark Fletcher in 1997. ONElist merged with company X in 1999. Now, this company X originated as an email archiving service called Findmail. In December 1997, Findmail offered a new service and called itselfMakelist.com. In June 1998 the company was renamed as X. In August 2000, it was acquired by Yahoo. Identify the company X and what the service was called after Yahoo acquired it.
2. This is a Hangzhou based e-commerce company founded by Ma Yun in 1999 that specializes in B2B trading. Yahoo invested $1billion to buy a 40% stake in this company in August 2005. Which company?
3. This photo-sharing site was developed in 2002 by a company called Ludicorp. It was acquired by Yahoo in March 2005. In May 2007, Yahoo announced the closure of Yahoo photos and maintained only this site. Which site is this?
Businessmen associated with aviation/flying
4. This Indian businessman was among the first Indians to fly a commercial aircraft, when he flew a De Havill and Puss Moth VT-ADN from Karachi to Bombay on October 15, 1932. Who?
5. This person founded his own firms Marathon Securities and Lakota Trading, from which he made a fortune. He has set 93 aviation world records ratified by Fédération Aéronautique Internationale and 23 sailing world records ratified by the World Sailing Speed Record Council. Identify this businessman who was reported missing in 2007 and later declared dead.
6. Which Indian businessman broke the record for the highest altitude attained in a hot air balloon in November 2005?
7. This Formula 1 constructor team was managed by a former F1 world champion. This team participated in five seasons from 1997 to 2001. Which team?
8. This company’s entry into the world of wheeled vehicles was by means of crinoline dresses, which used steel rods, leading to umbrella frames, wire wheels, and ultimately bicycles. Subsequently, the company began manufacturing cars just as well. Which company?
9. This corporation was founded in 1899 as Société ____ Frères by Louis, his brothers Marcel and Fernand, and his friends Thomas Evert and Julian Wyer. This company’s first car was the Voiturette 1CV, which was sold in 1898. Which company?
1. Egroups.com, Yahoogroups
4. JRD Tata
5. Steve Fossett
7. Prost Grand Prix