Vedanta Q2 profit rises 47% to Rs2,091 crore
Bengaluru: Vedanta Ltd, the Indian unit of diversified mining group Vedanta Resources Plc, posted a 47% rise in second-quarter profit, helped by improved commodity prices and higher zinc and copper production.
Profit rose to Rs2,091 crore ($323.52 million) in the three months through 30 September, from Rs1,424 crore a year earlier.
Analysts on average expected a profit of Rs2,326 crore, Thomson Reuters data showed.
Total income grew about 24% to Rs22,466 crore, the company said on Thursday. Reuters
- SBI looking at renewables, roads sectors to boost loan growth: Rajnish Kumar
- Innovation, ability to take risk seen as key qualities SME entrepreneurs need
- Panic on London’s Oxford Street after reports of shooting
- India stands up to US, defends Doha trade negotiations, WTO
- Egypt military conducts air strikes in area of Sinai mosque attack