SoftBank names domestic telecom chief Ken Miyauchi as president
- Gold, silver recover on renewed demand in Mumbai
- Gujarat elections 2017: 1,703 candidates file nominations for 1st phase
- Government forms task force to review income tax laws
- Dharmadhikari panel: Air India pilots guild accepts common pay structure
- Supreme Court says gram panchayat certificates no proof of citizenship
Tokyo: SoftBank Group Corp. said Wednesday that Ken Miyauchi, head of the group’s Japanese telecommunications operations, would become president and chief operating officer to replace Nikesh Arora.
Arora, the former Google executive handpicked by the SoftBank founder Masayoshi Son as his successor, has abruptly quit as president after it became clear that Son wanted to remain at the helm longer than first planned. Reuters