SoftBank names domestic telecom chief Ken Miyauchi as president
- Uber CEO’s Asia trip underscores its persistent global ambitions
- Natural gas industry surprised it could be so much cleaner
- Ambuja Cements Q4 profit jumps to Rs338 crore as sales volume rises
- Govt to bring in bill to check unregulated deposit schemes on the anvil
- Bitcoin rises as South Korea talks ‘active’ support for trading
Tokyo: SoftBank Group Corp. said Wednesday that Ken Miyauchi, head of the group’s Japanese telecommunications operations, would become president and chief operating officer to replace Nikesh Arora.
Arora, the former Google executive handpicked by the SoftBank founder Masayoshi Son as his successor, has abruptly quit as president after it became clear that Son wanted to remain at the helm longer than first planned. Reuters