Your boss’s pay cheque may be boosting populism
- Defection of MNS corporators to Shiv Sena shakes up Maharashtra’s politics
- SC cracker ban brought respite, but a lot needs to be done
- Can blockchain technology be an answer to India’s land governance woes?
- Can see bright Samvat 2074 ahead: Ramesh Damani
- Mutual funds trim metals, retail holdings, tank up on financial stocks in September
A widening pay gap between C-Suite and the admin desk could be contributing to global anger. The disconnect between economic growth and wage increases is rising again after shrinking soon after the 2008 crisis, the International Labour Organization’s (ILO’s) latest Global Wage Report shows. Workers feeling cheated of their fair share of progress may feed into rising frustration, the report said.