Idea Cellular Q2 profit falls 88% amid fierce competition
- Apollo Micro Systems shares trade 78% higher on stock market debut
- Bomb explosion in Thailand kills 3, wounds 18
- Market Live: Sensex hits new record high, Nifty crosses 10,900, ONGC shares up 6%
- Oxfam survey points India’s rising income inequality ahead of WEF
- Rupee opens marginally weaker against US dollar
Mumbai: India’s third-largest telecoms operator, Idea Cellular Ltd, on Monday posted an 88% slump in second-quarter profit, as revenue fell on cheaper voice and data plans rolled out to counter new competition.
Idea posted a consolidated net profit of Rs91.46 crore ($13.68 million) in the quarter ended 30 September, compared with Rs762 crore a year ago, the company said in a statement.
The profit missed an average estimate of Rs155 crore from 13 analysts polled by Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Revenue dropped 7% to Rs9,299 crore. Reuters