Jet Airways to close order of 75 aircraft by March
Hyderabad: Jet Airways hopes to order 75 narrow-bodied aircraft by 31 March, chief executive of the airline Vinay Dube said on Thursday.
“We hope to close the deal with one of the manufacturers here shortly,” Dube said on the sidelines of the Hyderabad aero show.
Jet Airways has already placed order for 75 Boeing 737 Max airplanes, the delivery of which is expected to start by June. It plans to add another 75 narrow bodied aircraft to its fleet.
Dubey added that Jet Airways hasn’t officially cancelled it’s Boeing 787 order.
According to a Bloomberg report, Boeing’s Dinesh Keskar said that Jet Airways is yet to provide desired configuration for Boeing 787 aircraft and that the order hasn’t gone anywhere.
Jet Airways was in talks with Boeing and Airbus to buy as many as 100 narrow-bodied aircraft, Dube told reporters in October.
- M. Sukumaran, the Kerala writer who mirrored what’s left of the Left, dies at 75
- Yogi Adityanath govt transfers 37 IAS officers including Gorakhpur DM in Uttar Pradesh
- Russia expels 23 British diplomats in retaliation for spy-poison case
- Common workable program with like minded parties to defeat BJP in 2019 elections: Congress
- Finance ministry rejected highest number of RTI applications: CIC report