Ajanta Pharma Q4 net profit rises 4.64% to Rs 114 crore
- M. Sukumaran, the Kerala writer who mirrored what’s left of the Left, dies at 75
- Yogi Adityanath govt transfers 37 IAS officers including Gorakhpur DM in Uttar Pradesh
- Russia expels 23 British diplomats in retaliation for spy-poison case
- Common workable program with like minded parties to defeat BJP in 2019 elections: Congress
- Finance ministry rejected highest number of RTI applications: CIC report
New Delhi: Drug firm Ajanta Pharma on Wednesday reported a 4.64% rise in its consolidated net profit at Rs 114.02 crore for the fourth quarter ended 31 March mainly on account of robust sales.
The company had posted a net profit of Rs 108.96 crore for the corresponding period of the previous fiscal, Ajanta Pharma said in a filing to BSE. Its consolidated total income rose to Rs 479.20 crore for the quarter under consideration as against Rs 435.65 crore for the same period year ago.
“Despite the demonetisation impact on the Indian pharma market, our India branded generic sales showed resilient growth. Rupee appreciation impacted the export sales growth and the profitability for the quarter,” Ajanta Pharma MD Yogesh Agrawal said.
The phase 1 of company’s Guwahati facility was implemented in record time and it commenced commercial production during the quarter, he added.
For the fiscal year ended 31 March, the company posted a consolidated net profit of Rs 507 crore as against Rs 416 crore for the year-ago period. Consolidated total income for the entire fiscal also rose to Rs 2,025.50 crore for the fiscal year ended March 2017.
It was Rs 1,770.52 crore for the previous fiscal.
The company’s board also recommended that interim dividends of Rs 6 per share and Rs 7 per share declared at the board meetings held on 26 October 2016 and 18 March 2017, respectively, be considered as final dividend for the year ended 31 March 2017, Ajanta Pharma said.