Religare Securities says it suffered cyber attack
Religare Securities has suffered a virus attack of medium severity but its systems, operations and sensitive client information were secure and unaffected
Latest News »
- Pakistan’s proxy war policy responsible for strained India-Pakistan ties: Manish Tewari
- US resumes fast processing of some H1B visa applications
- Narendra Modi’s 50 million homes moonshot is miles away from ground reality
- Over to Sunil Mittal in the battle of the telcos
- Yes, Google can continue to dominate advertising
Mumbai: Religare Securities has suffered a virus attack of medium severity but its systems, operations and sensitive client information were secure and unaffected, it said on Monday.
Religare, a medium-sized brokerage, added the attack had been “proactively handled” and that “necessary damage control steps” had been initiated.
More From Livemint »
A company insider told Reuters Religare had been a victim of a cyber attack that had affected its servers in the morning, and that at least some of the internal IT systems at the brokerage had been shut down.
A Religare spokesman declined to give more specific details, and said the company continued to assess the situation.
Last month, operations at one of three terminals at India’s largest container port JNPT, near the commercial hub of Mumbai, was disrupted by a global ransomware attack.
The spokesman said the brokerage did not yet know whether the virus attack had been the result of a similar ransomware attack. Reuters