Ambuja Cements posts 13.2% drop in Q1 standalone profit at Rs392.2 crore
Ambuja Cements Ltd on Monday reported a 13.2% drop in June quarter standalone net profit to Rs392.2 crore from a year ago.
During the period, the company reported a 67.1% fall in other income and a 70 bps compression in earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (Ebitda) margin to 22.8%.
Ambuja Cements said sales volumes during the June quarter rose 5% from a year ago to 6.05 million metric tonne (mmt).
“Our investment in concrete laboratories, technical services and new products is paying off. We are improving sales performance and Ebitda, despite rising manufacturing costs, especially power and fuel on the back of rising pet coke prices,” Ajay Kapur, MD & CEO of the company said.
Latest News »
- After buying Ibibo, MakeMyTrip is spending more on promotions than its net revenue
- Grasim Industries: holding company discount remains a concern
- NBCC investors wait for revenue growth with indomitable faith
- Opening bell: Asian markets open lower; PNB, HDFC Bank, Infosys in news
- Motherson Sumi: is revenue growth coming at cost of profitability?