Ambuja Cements posts 13.2% drop in Q1 standalone profit at Rs392.2 crore
Ambuja Cements Ltd on Monday reported a 13.2% drop in June quarter standalone net profit to Rs392.2 crore from a year ago.
During the period, the company reported a 67.1% fall in other income and a 70 bps compression in earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (Ebitda) margin to 22.8%.
Ambuja Cements said sales volumes during the June quarter rose 5% from a year ago to 6.05 million metric tonne (mmt).
“Our investment in concrete laboratories, technical services and new products is paying off. We are improving sales performance and Ebitda, despite rising manufacturing costs, especially power and fuel on the back of rising pet coke prices,” Ajay Kapur, MD & CEO of the company said.
- Justin Trudeau visits Golden Temple in Amritsar, to meet Amarinder Singh
- AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan arrested in Delhi chief secretary assault case
- Citing India, UNGA president says world needs science for addressing water scarcity
- Wakanda’s prosperity isn’t so far-fetched for Africa
- Rahul Gandhi targets Narendra Modi for silence on PNB fraud, Rafale deal