×
Home Companies Industry Politics Money Opinion LoungeMultimedia Science Education Sports TechnologyConsumerSpecialsMint on Sunday
×

TCIL to sell 30% stake in Bharti Hexacom

TCIL to sell 30% stake in Bharti Hexacom
PTI
Comment E-mail Print Share
First Published: Mon, Nov 22 2010. 05 11 PM IST
Updated: Mon, Nov 22 2010. 05 11 PM IST
New Delhi: The government has decided to sell 30% stake held through Telecommunications Consultants of India Limited (TCIL) in Bharti Hexacom Ltd.
Minister of State for Communications and IT Sachin Pilot today informed the Lok Sabha that the government has approved in principle sale of the entire 30% stake of TCIL in Bharti Hexacom.
The sale should be at the right time to obtain the best price, he added.
Bharti Airtel holds 70% and TCIL holds the remaining 30% in Bharti Hexacom.
To another query, Pilot said that the government had taken various steps, including setting up of special economic zones and task forces, for the development of hardware sector in the country.
On allotment of spectrum to new operators up to the contracted value of 6.2 Mhz, Pilot said, “All new operators have been allotted initial spectrum of 4.4 Mhz in all service ares except Delhi.”
In Delhi service area, five new operators are waiting for allotment of initial spectrum.
“New operators were given UAS licences with a condition that spectrum will be alloted subject to availability, he added.
Comment E-mail Print Share
First Published: Mon, Nov 22 2010. 05 11 PM IST
More Topics: India | TCIL | Bharti Hexacom | Sachin Pilot | SEZ |