Infosys denies promoters selling stake in company
Latest News »
- Power Grid inks $500 million loan pact with Asian Development Bank
- RBI identifies 40 more large loan defaulter accounts for clean-up
- Rajkummar Rao, our man on screen
- Govt threatens Philip Morris with ‘punitive action’ over alleged violations
- Rajasthan govt to raise OBC quota, mulling 5% reservation to Gujjars
Mumbai: Infosys Ltd on Friday denied a media report that the founders of India’s second-biggest software services exporter were looking to sell their entire 12.75% stake in the company.
The Times of India newspaper on Friday had reported the Infosys founders were exploring such a sale, citing people familiar with the developments, although it carried a denial of such a move by one of the firm’s founders, N.R. Narayana Murthy.
Infosys “has no information on any such development,” the company said in a statement, adding that the “speculation has already been categorically denied by the promoters.”
Earlier this year, Infosys’ founders had expressed concerns about the manner in which the company was being run by its current management and board. Reuters