Uber adds in-app chat, multi-destination feature in India
New Delhi: Cab aggregator Uber Technologies Inc. on Monday said it has rolled out two new features—‘in-app chat’ and ‘multi- destination’—to improve experience for its riders in India.
Using the in-app chat feature, riders can provide information like their exact location without incurring any call charges. It will also be available for ‘Pool’ riders. Also, both riders and driver partners will be able to see if their chats were delivered and read, helping confirm the receipt of communication, Uber said in a statement.
“This features also means that regardless of where they are located across the globe, riders and drivers won’t have to share their phone number with one another should they have to get in touch,” it added.
The multi-destination feature will enable riders to add multiple stops along their route, it said, adding that the same can be used while booking the trip.
- Donald Trump considering new order to replace travel ban, no decision yet
- China bans exports of some fuel products to North Korean line with UN sanctions
- Mark Zuckerberg plans to sell nearly 18% of his Facebook shares in next 18 months
- Pakistan shells Indian border posts, hamlets along IB, LoC in J&K, 7 injured
- Hurricane Maria skirts Turks and Caicos as Puerto Rico endures fresh flooding