S Padmanabhan nominated as chairman of Tata Power
- Improve pricing of risk-based loans, RBI tells banks
- Delhi HC asks IndiGo, GoAir, SpiceJet and DIAL to resolve terminal dispute amicably
- Coolpad raises $300 million from Power Sun Ventures
- The hockey tournament we won’t have in January
- Vodafone tax dispute: Govt calls invocation of second arbitration ‘flagrant’ abuse of law
New Delhi: Tata Power on Wednesday said S. Padmanabhan has been nominated as the chairman of the board of directors of the company. “S. Padmanabhan, additional director on the company’s board, has been nominated as Chairman of the board of directors of the company effective January 4, 2017,” Tata Power said in a BSE filing.
Last month, Padmanabhan was appointed the additional director. Prior to joining the Tata Power board, he was the executive chairman, Tata Business Excellence Group (TBExG), and was recently given the additional responsibility as Head of Group HR for Tata Sons. Padmanabhan has been associated with the Tata group for over 34 years.
The nomination comes against the backdrop of Cyrus Mistry’s resignation as director of the company in December. After an eight-week bitter boardroom battle, the ousted Tata Group chairman Mistry had quit from boards of listed companies.