FIR against Shilpa Shetty, husband Raj Kundra in Rs24 lakh cheating case
- Govt approves Rs2,600 crore package for leather industry
- We want to participate in India’s growth story: David Kohler
- Winter crops sowing done in 80% of crop area
- Bankers meet Jaitley, seek tax breaks for haircuts taken during NPA resolution
- Dengue death: Fortis charged 1,700% premium on some medical devices, says NPPA
Mumbai: The Maharashtra police on Thursday lodged a criminal case against Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty and her husband Raj Kundra in a Thane police station for allegedly duping a textile firm owner of Rs24 lakhs. “FIR has been registered in Bhiwandi police station against Shetty and Kundra under sections 406 (criminal breach of trust) and 420 (cheating) of IPC,” deputy commissioner of police Manoj Patil said.
The case was filed on a complaint of a textile unit owner in Bhiwandi, who alleged that the couple collected the amount on his behalf but did not pay him, another police official said. “Big Deals, a company in which Shetty and Kundra are directors, collected money from customers for sale of bedsheets on behalf of Malotia Textiles through TV ads, but did not (allegedly) pay Malotia Textiles the proceeds,” the official said.