FIR against Shilpa Shetty, husband Raj Kundra in Rs24 lakh cheating case
- M. Sukumaran, the Kerala writer who mirrored what’s left of the Left, dies at 75
- Yogi Adityanath govt transfers 37 IAS officers including Gorakhpur DM in Uttar Pradesh
- Russia expels 23 British diplomats in retaliation for spy-poison case
- Common workable program with like minded parties to defeat BJP in 2019 elections: Congress
- Finance ministry rejected highest number of RTI applications: CIC report
Mumbai: The Maharashtra police on Thursday lodged a criminal case against Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty and her husband Raj Kundra in a Thane police station for allegedly duping a textile firm owner of Rs24 lakhs. “FIR has been registered in Bhiwandi police station against Shetty and Kundra under sections 406 (criminal breach of trust) and 420 (cheating) of IPC,” deputy commissioner of police Manoj Patil said.
The case was filed on a complaint of a textile unit owner in Bhiwandi, who alleged that the couple collected the amount on his behalf but did not pay him, another police official said. “Big Deals, a company in which Shetty and Kundra are directors, collected money from customers for sale of bedsheets on behalf of Malotia Textiles through TV ads, but did not (allegedly) pay Malotia Textiles the proceeds,” the official said.