FIR against Shilpa Shetty, husband Raj Kundra in Rs24 lakh cheating case
A firm connected to Shilpa Shetty and Raj Kundra collected money from customers on behalf of Malotia Textiles but didn’t pass it on
Latest News »
- Cyberattack hits UK Parliament, limiting access to MPs’ emails
- Narendra Modi will convey Indian IT firms’ role in US to Trump: Vishal Sikka
- Gujarat Congress leader Shankarsinh Vaghela hits out at party leadership
- Yogi Adityanath govt launches ‘informer scheme’ to curb female foeticide
- World Taekwondo Federation changes its name over ‘negative’ acronym
Mumbai: The Maharashtra police on Thursday lodged a criminal case against Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty and her husband Raj Kundra in a Thane police station for allegedly duping a textile firm owner of Rs24 lakhs. “FIR has been registered in Bhiwandi police station against Shetty and Kundra under sections 406 (criminal breach of trust) and 420 (cheating) of IPC,” deputy commissioner of police Manoj Patil said.
The case was filed on a complaint of a textile unit owner in Bhiwandi, who alleged that the couple collected the amount on his behalf but did not pay him, another police official said. “Big Deals, a company in which Shetty and Kundra are directors, collected money from customers for sale of bedsheets on behalf of Malotia Textiles through TV ads, but did not (allegedly) pay Malotia Textiles the proceeds,” the official said.