Zydus Cadila’s Nesher Pharma gets USFDA nod for antifungal drug
- Engie may sell stake in India solar operations
- Paul Krugman says India needs to move more into manufacturing
- Aavas Financiers in talks with investment banks to go public
- UltraTech Cement challenges Binani Cement sale to Dalmia Bharat
- Only 16% of initial GST returns filed for July-Dec match with final figures
New Delhi: Zydus Group firm Cadila Healthcare on Saturday said its subsidiary Nesher Pharmaceuticals has received nod from the USFDA to market Nystatin topical powder used for treating skin infections in the US market.
“Nesher Pharmaceuticals, a subsidiary of Zydus Pharmaceuticals USA, has received final approval from the United States Food and Drug Administration to market Nystatin topical powder USP 100,000 units per gram”, Cadila Healthcare said in a BSE filing.
The drug will be produced at Nesher Pharmaceuticals manufacturing facility in USA, it added.
Nystatin topical powder is an anti-fungal antibiotic used to treat skin infections caused by yeast, Cadila Healthcare said.
“The group has more than 115 approvals and has so far filed over 300 abbreviated new drug applications (ANDAs) since the commencement of filing process...,” it added.